Wednesday, October 12, 2011

These moments.

Chapel today was awesome. Jared Anderson lead worship and there wasn't a message or anything, we just worshiped God the whole time. I loved it. I am a total worshipper. I could just spend hours in a service like that, worshiping Christ, and I'd be totally content with my life.

God really speaks to me through worship, and today, He gave me a simple but very profound word. Throughout my life, I have had some really awesome moments with God; New Zealand, Europe, Haiti, Acquire The Fire, Church camp, EMU lock-ins, etc. They have all been incredible and God has touched me in them, and I often look to them to remember how amazing God is. I find myself often thinking back on the way that God moved in those moments and asking God to show up in a similar way.

Well, today, God kept telling me the words "these moments" and at first I didn't really understand what He was saying, but I realized after a while what He meant. My life here, now, at college, is one of those moments. Sure, it's extended on a longer period of time, but my life right now - I am living in one of those moments. These moments, this life - God is here and He is working and it's incredible, and some day I am going to look back on these moments and think "wow, those four years changed my life. God really moved there." It's just really encouraging to me.

Oh, and another thing. For the first time ever today while I was praying during worship, I told God that I am home. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but to me it meant a whole lot. I've been really struggling with feeling at home here, and wow, I just declared it today that this is my home and with Him is where I belong always, regardless of location. He has me here now, and that means I am home. Pretty cool, huh?

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment