Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Growth

Tonight, I learned something about God. I learned that He moves in a lot of different ways and that there are multiple ways to connect to Him. Tonight when I went into the prayer room I was about to do my usual routine of writing out a prayer, reading my Bible, and listening to some worship music. Don't get me wrong, this method has worked for me for years. It's kind of become what God and I do, but I think that it also got me into this rut where I thought that was the only way to connect to Him, and tonight I learned that God likes to move in me in different ways.

As I went to the prayer room tonight. I had a lot on my mind about this novel I am going to be writing in november for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I was stressing out about it, but I knew that for some reason, God had really been laying it on my heart. I knew that He wanted me to write a book in which He would shine through every page. He gave me this dream tonight, and He showed me that He can work through my writing, even if it's not the typical prayer to Him. He works through many of my different writings if I just give them up to Him. So I tried something new. I told Him I was going to write Him a poem, and well, here it is. I titled it "growth."

The one who turns the acorn into a tree
is also growing new works in me.
The one who taught the sparrows to fly
is daring me to reach for the sky.
The one who wipes away every hidden tear
is constantly drawing me near.
The one who commands the stars to shine
is telling me that He is mine.
The one who repairs every broken heart
is taking me back to the start.
The one who paints the sunset
makes sure that all my needs are met.
The one who allows the sun to rise
is placing new dreams in my mind.
The one who paid the ultimate price
is calling me forth to lay down my life
in reckless abandonment to his praise
to forever make known His name.
To use the dreams He has given me
to help set the captives free.
To lead, to love, to break down the chains
that entangle His children in a world full of pain.
To lay down everything at the foot of His cross
to reach and find those that are lost.
To break down every single wall
until His name is the only one I call.
When I am lost, broken, or afraid
I will rely on the promises in His name.
I know He is the living Christ.
In Him I alone I have found my life.
I will praise Him 'till my lungs give out.
From every mountain top I will shout
that my God, who turns the acorn into a tree
is growing new works in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment