Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Today, I am so thankful. I am so blessed. God has blessed me so much and I constantly stand amazed by Him.

It's a tradition in our family to go around the table and say what we're thankful for before we eat every Thanksgiving. Usually, I say things like family or friends, and don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for those things too, but today I had a new thing to say. I am thankful for North Central. I am thankful for these past couple of months. Looking back to who I was when I left this town, I am so incredibly different from that person. I have changed so much and God has been a huge part of that. He has taken me to North Central, blessed me with all my friends there, and changed me from the inside out. And for that, I am thankful.

I am thankful today for journeys. I am thankful for the hard times, for the times I sat in my bed staring at the celling wanting nothing but to turn around and quit. I am thankful for the times I've spent in the prayer room, begging God to give me some answers. I am thankful for chapel, for my professors, for praise gatherings, for the students at NCU. I am thankful for the people God placed in my life these past few months to help me grow even closer to Him. I am thankful for the Friday nights I've spent trying to find something to do with some of the best people I've ever met. I am thankful for the fact that every single night, I am amazed at how beautiful Minneapolis is. I am thankful for the horrible winter that's about to come, for the snowball fights and snow angels I have made and will continue to make. I am thankful for 4 North, the best floor ever. I am thankful for having two homes now. I am so thankful.

I think today of all the NCU students, spread across the country, spending Thanksgiving with our families. I miss everyone already and I am so blessed to be apart of such an incredible community.

Thank you, God.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment